So some of you know all of what Trev is doing but I will not publically announce it here- let's just say he is doing a bit o' trainin! You have to say that last part with an Irish accent :) So while he is busy doing stuff I am living up in Upstate New York with my mumzies who still has an apartment with two bedrooms so she has a place for me! Although her excuse is its the Cat's room. It was pretty hard at first to move back home because she went back into parenting mode of well you need to do this ect. But now we are quite in the swing of things and have even joined the gym together! My grams has also really enjoyed me being home as she has made me her volunteer companion. I currently give tours to different elementary school classes at the Rockwell Museum of Western Art in Corning. I think the kids like me just because I am the youngest volunteer there by a good 35 years but it is a blast. The kids crack me up with their art observations and it gets me up and out of the house. Grams has also got me doing an exercise class with her which is called N.I.A but it should really be called new age hippie dancing for old people but again I make the best of it and have a great time. I seem to find things to do and haven't had a day to just sit at home and watch TV all day but I will schedule one! This weekend is the cardboard boat regatta up at Watkins Glen and I get to watch my friends take a boat that they have been working on for months made entirely out of cardboard and duct tape and try to paddle the lake! So mainly I laugh as they sink into the harbor.
Trev and I have seen each other twice so far for weekends and last weekend we went to Gettysburg, PA. We got to be real tourists again and took the self guided audio tour through the park. I would recommend this for the hot summer days as its really easy to follow and walking the park in the heat just doesn't seem relaxing! Since he has the Miata now we drove that through the park with the top down and it was lots of fun except Trev's allergies. The fields were alive with pollen! But it was a fun trip and we are going to meet there again. Oh yeah... and it had OUTLETS!!!! I behaved pretty good but they had a Harry and Davids which makes gourmet goodies and I just love it! And this is one reason I love Trev- he puts up with all my little quirks! Our last day we took it easy and went to see Star Trek.
I miss Trev dearly everyday and it makes it that much harder looking at all the fun times we had in Florida but there isn't a day that goes by that I am not 100% proud of him and what he is doing. Anyone who knows us knows we are very patriotic and love love love America and that we both have a strong desire to serve our country so Hoffa is my hero! He is doing great and it almost half way done! I will try to load some pictures on here but no promises until I get my computer back.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is good to hear an update from you Erin. We think about you guys often and hope all is going well with both of you. I am glad you are having a nice time with your Mom and Grams.
ReplyDeleteLots of Love,
Carolyn
I'm laughing at your "Senior Citizen" life. Any plans for bingo? Just kidding, sounds like you're getting in some quality time with your fam. Glad to hear you're handling the separation pretty well, it can't be easy being apart that long. Good luck, hope to hear from you again soon!
ReplyDeleteSad your hubby's away but SO fun you get to have girl time with with the madre. PARTY!
ReplyDelete