Friday, February 6, 2009

25 Things you may or may not have known about me


1. I absolutely love broccoli. I was the pickiest eater growing up but now I love salads, broccoli, carrots but still hate tomatoes.

2. I used to show cows at the fair when I was in elementary school. I was a 4-H Kid all the way and even went to Hidden Valley 4-H camp in Watkins Glen. I even competed in a cow quiz contest called the Dairy Bowl and helped my team win.

3. My favorite color is Chlorine Blue from the Crayola Crayon Pack.

4. My favorite actor is Sir Sean Connery. He is by far the best Bond and his accent is yummy. I don't care that he is old, still HOT!

5. I have already been to Japan and France (with my Gammies), so if I could go anywhere in the world it would be Ireland. I am Irish (thus all the freckles and no tan) and I have to kiss the Blarney Stone before I die. Also its one of my life goals to ride a horse there.

6. Speaking of horses, I took private lessons as a girl and am trained in English, Western, and can do Australian Sidesaddle. My favorite breed of horse is Arabians.

7. My favoritest animal in the world is a Carcharodon carcharias. Also known as the Great White Shark and another life goal is to go to South Africa and see the jumping whites and get in the water with one. In a cage yes, but I still have to touch one.


8. I was blessed enough to have great relationships with my Great Grandparents, Helen Gratz Russen and Michael Russen. Bubba and Dedo, Grandma and Grandpa in Slovakian. It took my Bubba three tries to get into America because she and her sister traveled together and Vera (her sister got Yellow Fever and were sent back). I am thankful for their sacrifices.

9. A favorite treat of mine is a cannolli but I really like the ones from Mulberry Street in NYC.

10.
One of my favorite memories growing up is going to my Aunt Elaines and picking wild berries, playing in her antique store, and playing in the woods. My Aunt Elaine and Uncle Wayne always made sure I took their dog Buck with me who reminds me of a small black bear. He was my guardian.

11. My lucky number is 13. It was always my softball number and its won me a few things :)

12. Trev and I love to watch Family Feud and Jeopardy and yell out answers. I think maybe the Baylys should go on the Feud and kick some trash. Three spots available if anyone is interested!

13. My Grandpa (Dedo) used to bring me home logic puzzles when I was little and I still can't get enough of them. Deductive reasoning games are one of my faves.

14. She would kill me if I did't mention something about her- my madres. She has always been my best friend and one of my proudest moments was when she went back to school and became an RN. She made me the fiesty girl I am today.

15. I am a horrible speller, I try and I try but without spellcheck, College would have been a pretty sad time for me.

16. Like so many other married couples, Trev and I seem to have our own language. For instance I call him Hoffa and he calls me Swofy. We also meow at each other and sometimes I meow at people on accident.


17. My dream house would be an old colonial house white, red door, and black trim. Large front and back yard with lilac bushes in the back and oaks in the front. I would love a large garden tub
where the water goes up to you neck sitting down. I love bathes so the tub will be the real jewel of the house..Plus a his and her bathroom will be nice but a roof over our heads is going to be a blessing.

18. I love ancient languages.. I took Ancient Greek in high school and now am learning Latin on my own.

19. I am a Republican and I love it. Right now its not cool to be part of the GOP, but that's where my values are. Oh and I think Nancy Pelosi is an idiot and Obama doesn't know economics from his own butt.

20. Water seems to be my calming agent. Lakes, rivers, streams, ponds, oceans ect calm my soul. I always want to be near water for that very reason. Its also a reason we moved to Florida, as soon as my feet touch the water I become as calm as a clam. Snorkeling is so relaxing because it is like you are in a different world and everything seems more beautiful.

21. I saved a fellow classmates life while skiing. My friend fell hard while snowboarding and hit his head on some rocks. Later while riding the chairlift he kept wanting to go to sleep and I knew something was wrong. As soon as we got off the lift he threw up and could barely stand. I half carried him on my skis til we ran into an instructor who called it in. I had to keep him from going to sleep while the snowmobile rescue team arrived.

22. I don't usually cry during movies particularly if a woman is crying. All women cry in movies so its SSDD but when old men cry in movies I lose it. If I see a man cry, I am a goner like in the Green Mile at the end I let out a good cry. I guess I feel like it has to be more emotional if a guy cries.

23. I hate rollercoasters, if I am not in control of a moving vehical I get motion sickness and it freaks me out. Let's just say I prefer to drive unless I really trust you.

24. I love ducks. When I was little I talked my Gammies into buying me four ducklings, Peepers, Dabbles, Xena, and Hercules. They even had a kiddy pool and a dog house to sleep in.

25. When I was in highschool, I kinda got in trouble when I didn't pull over (for a bit ) while a Sheriff was behind me and went twenty miles over the speed limit. All within 4 months of getting my license. Well good thing I was on Youth Court and knew the judge. It all got reduced to a parking violation but I was in big trouble at home for while!

No comments:

Post a Comment